Fatwaa ID: 1604
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Questions from a friend-
1.Is it sinful to blame the dead? To curse at them for what they might have done to a person?
- If there’s a tiny mirror in front of us can we still pray or no?
- My family is struggling a lot financially and my mom is telling me to find a place where I can work be it work from home or in person and I’m struggling through that bc no one is hiring me. However I wanted to ask, if its still permissible to work as a woman in a mixed environment where I have to talk to men?
- I’m trying to look for a female dentist and there are some but their staff who do the cleaning are mostly men and women. On some days it’ll just be men and on other days it’ll just be women. Is it still okay to get checked with the men who do x rays and cleaning since I can’t do anything else about it?
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullaahi wa-barakaatuh.
- Rasulullaah ﷺ said,
لاَ تَسُبُّوا الأَمْوَاتَ، فَإِنَّهُمْ قَدْ أَفْضَوْا إِلَى مَا قَدَّمُوا
“Do not revile the dead, for indeed that have attained that which they had sent forward” [Bukhaari 6516]
Rasulullaah ﷺ has expressly prohibited us from cursing and speaking ill of the dead. The dead person is not harmed by it. Instead, this causes pain to the bereaved family. The one cursing does not benefit either. Rather, his book of deeds become weightier and he has more to give account for. The person should make du’aa for the deceased instead. This does not mean that the dead person has gotten away with what he did. Justice will be meted out in the Hereafter.
- Yes. Salaah will be valid in front of the said tiny mirror.
- May Allaah Ta’aala make it easy for you and the family. If the men of the family are all working and the family is still genuinely struggling to make ends meet, then you will be excused to work in a co-ed environment for the time being provided that there is relative safety and you strictly adhere to the laws of hijaab and inter-gender interactions. This is obviously if you are unable to find a remote job or a job where there are mostly women. Ensure that your interactions are minimized to the necessary.
- No. You state that there are female staff and dentists. Accordingly, you must choose a female practitioner. In most cases, the office will honor your request.
And Allaah Ta’aala knows best.
Mufti Muajul I. Chowdhury
Darul Iftaa New York
01/22/1445 AH – 08/09/2023 CE | AML1-8154
وصل اللهم وسلم وبارك على سيدنا محمد وعلى ءاله وصحبه أجمعين
Darul Iftaa New York answers questions on issues pertaining to Shari’ah. These questions and answers are placed for public view on askthemufti.us for educational purposes. The rulings given here are based on the questions posed and should be read in conjunction with the questions. Many answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation.
Darul Iftaa New York bears no responsibility with regard to its answers being used out of their intended contexts, nor with regard to any loss or damage that may be caused by acting on its answers or not doing so.
References and links to other websites should not be taken as an endorsement of all contents of those websites.
Answers may not be used as evidence in any court of law without prior written consent of Darul Iftaa New York.