Monday, July 22, 2024
No menu items!

Musafir from A to B to A

Fatwaa ID: 1333

Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Answer urgently needed

A person travels from US to south india and residrs there for 10 days

Then he travels to north india and resides there for 5 days

Then he travels back to south india and resides there for more than 15 days

Them he returns to the US

When will he make qasr and when wont he?

The distance between north and south india is more than shari safr

In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullaahi wa-barakaatuh.

We take of the details of your query. The person in reference will be musaafir during his journey from the US to India. He will remain a musaafir for the 10 days that he remains in South India. He will continue to be musaafir for the 5 days in North India until he returns back to South India. Upon reaching his town in South India wherein he will be residing for more than 15 days, he become a muqeem. On his journey back to the US, he will become a muqeem again.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best.
Mufti Muajul I. Chowdhury
Darul Iftaa New York

12/05/1444 AH – 06/23/2023 CE | AMG1-3184

وصل اللهم وسلم وبارك على سيدنا محمد وعلى ءاله وصحبه أجمعين


Darul Iftaa New York answers questions on issues pertaining to Shari’ah. These questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. The rulings given here are based on the questions posed and should be read in conjunction with the questions. Many answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation. 

Darul Iftaa New York bears no responsibility with regard to its answers being used out of their intended contexts, nor with regard to any loss or damage that may be caused by acting on its answers or not doing so.

References and links to other websites should not be taken as an endorsement of all contents of those websites. 

Answers may not be used as evidence in any court of law without prior written consent of Darul Iftaa New York.