Fatwaa ID: 427
- Does denying a mutawātir hadīth or teaching take one out of islām?
- Are reports about the barzakh world mutawātir?
- Does rejecting the barzakh world make one a kāfir?
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullaahi wa-barakaatuh.
- To deny a mutawaatir Hadith is kufr.
- Your question is very general. The realm of Barzakh is vast. There are aspects of it that are established and others that may not be as sound in proof.
- Rejecting that with is established through tawaatur is kufr. Rejecting that which is established with lesser evidences is fisq.
And Allaah Ta’aala knows best.
Mufti Muajul I. Chowdhury
Darul Iftaa New York
وصل اللهم وسلم وبارك على سيدنا محمد وعلى ءاله وصحبه أجمعين
Darul Iftaa New York answers questions on issues pertaining to Shari’ah. These questions and answers are placed for public view on askthemufti.us for educational purposes. The rulings given here are based on the questions posed and should be read in conjunction with the questions. Many answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation.
Darul Iftaa New York bears no responsibility with regard to its answers being used out of their intended contexts, nor with regard to any loss or damage that may be caused by acting on its answers or not doing so.
References and links to other websites should not be taken as an endorsement of all contents of those websites.
Answers may not be used as evidence in any court of law without prior written consent of Darul Iftaa New York.